Sunday, October 4, 2009

Model 914 Floorplan

Here is a quick scan of the Eichler Model 914 floorplan, coming from a photocopy of the Meadow Park sales brochure.  This is the model that I grew up in, and is pretty similar to our Eichler, except where the outside wall zigs in at the garage / all purpose room in the 914, it is a straight wall in ours, but then it does zig in at the living room.



What you can't tell from these floorplans is the roof pitch.  The two I've lived in have peaked roofs with the high-point centered over the garage centerline.

But a few houses down the street there is a very similar model with a multi-tiered flat roof, and also one with a peaked roof where the highpoint is offset from the garage centerline.  Both of those also had the middle bathroom moved next to the master bathroom, which is a tweak I've never liked since it also loses the door to the outside and feels more cramped.

I'll try to upload a few more floorplans from the brochure...they're all quite interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the floor plan. It is nearly identical to our floor plan! Not too much of a surprise because I think we going to be in your neighborhood; the Eichler we're buying is just a few blocks from Greer Park.
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,
    welcome to the neighborhood! I'm sure you'll love it. Let us know if you'll be undertaking any projects - would love to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning on major renovations before moving in including the entire kitchen and master bath. I'd love to compare notes, I'm in search of a trust worthy contractor at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Allison,
    I think you can now click on my name to get to my profile and send me a message so we can keep in touch.

    We really like the contractor we are working with, but such quality comes with a hefty price tag.

    ReplyDelete