Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Eichler

First some background before we dive into our current thoughts on remodeling the master bathroom.

As part of the Royal Manor tract in Palo Alto, we believe the house was built in 1958 or 1959, based largely on the toilets, which have 1958 embossed inside on the tank cover.

It is very close to the Model 914 design that I grew up in a few miles away - what I call the "twin hallway" design.  But I think the master bedroom & bath layout may be very similar to many other models.

Previous owners had remodeled the kitchen significantly, turning it into a larger, more open design, and had added Nutone bathroom vent fans up in boxes on the roof at the same time.

Then I had done new appliances and counter-tops in the kitchen and a quickie master shower remodel soon after moving in nearly 10 years ago, as it had the original 3x3 square shower stall.

But now we're embarking on a major remodel... more details soon!

3 comments:

  1. Is the Model 914 floor plan online anywhere? I'm buying an Eichler in Palo Alto that has what could be called the "twin hallway" design but I haven't been able to find the what model it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison, I haven't seen that floorplan (or my own) on any of the Eichler websites.

    But I have an original sales brochure for my parent's tract, and it has small floor plan diagrams. I'll try to scan those in and put them up on the blog this weekend.

    ReplyDelete